Modica chocolate cake
Simple and tasty, Modica chocolate cake is a specialty that enhances the renowned Sicilian excellence made according to the ancient Aztec tradition. A dessert to be customized at will with the many available flavors of chocolate: orange, vanilla, chili, pistachio, coffee, almond, etc ...
- Modica chocolate
• 300 g Modica chocolate
• 200 g butter
• 5 eggs
• 120 g sugar
• 60 g 00 flour
• 1 sachet of baking powder for cakes
• 1 pinch of salt
1. Cut the Modica chocolate into small pieces and melt it in a saucepan over a very low heat together with the butter. When it becomes homogeneous, let it cool.
2. Beat the egg yolks with the sugar in a large bowl; incorporate the flour, baking powder and then the melted chocolate together with the butter. Mix well.
3. Whisk the egg whites with a pinch of salt and gently add them to the mixture..
4. Pour the obtained mixture into a mold 21 cm in diameter previously lined with parchment paper, and bake in the already hot oven at 180 ° C for about 30 minutes.
5. Once baked, let it cool at room temperature, then place it in the fridge a few hours before serving.