Casarecce with aubergine pesto and almonds
A first course typically from the area where the famous Avola Almond is cultivated and which combines the delicate flavors of this land.
- PGI Avola Almond
- First courses with almonds
For 4 people:
• 400 g caserecce pasta
• 1 aubergine
• half onion
• 50 g peeled almond
• 3 tablespoons of grated Parmesan cheese
• 4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
• salt and pepper to taste
1. Cut the small onion and the aubergine into chunks.
2. Cook them in a pan with the 4 tablespoons of oil. Salt.
3. Leave a few tablespoons of cooked aubergines in the pan.
4. Put the aubergines in the mixer with the cooking oil, basil, cheese, almonds.
5. Blend well.
6. Put the pesto in the pan with the aubergines.
7. Cook the pasta and add two ladles of cooking water to the pesto.
8. When the caserecce pasta are ready, stir in the pesto and serve.